Celebs react to BAFTA nominations
Celebrities who have been nominated at this year's British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA) have expressed their excitement for their nominations.
Actress Nicole Kidman was nominated for her role in Lion.
"What wonderful news to wake up to today - I’m thrilled and honoured to have received a BAFTA nomination. This nomination is not just for me, but for Saroo’s adoptive mother Sue who I play, for allowing me into her life, and giving so much of herself that I could do her story justice. It’s great that Bafta has also recognised the work of so many involved with Lion - including the wonderful Dev Patel and Luke Davies. A huge thank you to everyone, I’m incredibly grateful," the actress said.
Actress Emma Stone was left stunned after La La Land received 11 nods for BAFTA awards.
"We just landed to the incredible news of 11 Bafta nominations. We’re all thrilled that the film has been so widely recognized by Bafta. This has been such a great journey and it’s a privilege to share it with Ryan, Damien and our unbelievable cast & crew."
Actor Hugh Grant was also nominated for his role in Florence Foster Jenkins alongside actress, Meryl Streep.
"This is so kind of Bafta, and I feel very pleased both for myself and for St Clair Bayfield, neither of us having been exactly awards season habitués," Hugh said.
- Kim Kardashian heads to Dubai
- AKA's behaviour is against the principles of 'Ubuntu'
- Selena Gomez and The Weekend share a kiss in public
- Paris Jackson disgusted by Joseph Fiennes' role in Urban Myths
- Miss SA goes to Miss Universe
- Billie Lourd: 'Her voice will forever be in my heart'
- Tinie Tempah debuts new menswear brand on the catwalk
- Kim Kardashian's limo driver no longer a suspect in Paris robbery
- AKA and Bonang loving Thailand
- Black Coffee and Enhle's white wedding